Sunday, October 16, 2011

Holy Truck! Road Trip!

This post over at Mashable is inspiring.  My hat's off to the readers of Mashable for their list of favorite food trucks around the country.

Food Trucks are the "Target" of the Foodie world.  To me, they represent "The Democratization of Gourmet Food".  (You heard that here first, didn't ya!)  Great food.  Easy to access.  Lots of fun.

Well the Mashable post puts me in the mind to travel the country testing all the food trucks.  Perhaps rating them.  Maybe, it's time for a national-level Zagats-type guide to Food Trucks?  Or perhaps a Food Truck Ap?  If anyone knows of one, please respond back to me, as I would love to download it.

Another very cool site is Roadfood.com.  I am always sure to check it when going to another city.  I always want to sample the local fair - and I know of no better source than Roadfood.com for providing great intel on the diviest places!

A couple of summers ago, my sons and I, and my father too, went on a hotdog hunt.  Well - to be exact - a Texas Wiener hunt.  We visited all of the best Texas Wiener stops in and around Paterson, New Jersey - for my money - the home of the best Texas Wieners in the world - but this is for another post.

For now, I am busy plotting my course to fukuburger!

No comments:

Post a Comment