Sunday, August 21, 2011

What Does My Kitchen Sink Have to Do with CRM?

My Sorry Sink
The faucet on my kitchen sink broke today.  Tim-the-Tool-Man that I am, I got out my monkey wrench and went to town.  Mistake # 1.

An hour and a half into it, and it's off to Home Depot for a new "Handle Assembly Kit".  Only Home Depot ain't got such part.  So, I buy a new faucet.  Mistake # 2.

$268 and two hours later, I realize that this won't work.  Sooooo - at 1:45 PM - I send a Hail Mary pass to the plumber.  Unbelievably, the plumber says he will be there between 2 PM and 5 PM --- TODAY!!!! Did I mention it was Sunday.  Torrential downpour, hailstones the size of Texas.

My Plumber - He Deserves a Plug!
He gets here, as promised.  Tells me to return the new faucet for money back.  Pulls a "Handle Assmbly Kit" out of his butt - and stick a fork in it - she's done!

Imagine if Comcast (or insert any bloated quasi-monopolistic pseudo-service organization here), operated like my plumber!  Oh what a world it would.  What does my plumber know about CRM that many marketers don't?

1.  Service with a smile
2.  Stand and deliver
3.  Add real value

You just can't fake that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment